Saturday, September 20, 2014

"The Party's Moved Away From Somebody Like Me"



I don't think I'm wrong to suspect - since we're both Republicans, veterans, AND Race Men - Colin Powell and I also share, occasionally, feeling like fools. I called the general "Judas!" when he first endorsed Obama (a position I now regret taking, and that didn't go without notice) but, at the end of the day, we're both still stuck: our American ideals, and political goals, still stand in the shadow of our nation's white supremacy. And (it can't go without saying) it's white supremacists.


My difference with Powell is he thinks the GOP "took a turn to the right" and he'll (presumably) be content to wait the insanity out. I say America's history with blacks, from slavery on, being what it is, the Right's evil is built in and can only be confronted.


Since "our side" is always so concerned with taxation without representation, America's reparational crimes should be as easy to deduce - after reading that blacks had been discriminated from using public facilities since slavery - as asking, "Did they pay taxes?" But logic's not the game we're playing. This is still cold, hard, brutal, murderous, white American slaver self-preservation-at-the-expense-of-others-who-didn't-hurt-you, lynch mentality at it's finest. I'll give them a little credit, though:


Left or Right, they do try to make it look like "Friends",...

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENTS ARE BACK ON